Best Ten Days: Luxury North India
When we call one of our itineraries Best Ten Days, you know that we are serious. Best Ten Days: North India combines the absolute best of Northern India in a relatively short itinerary, utilizing standout hotels and the most efficient transportation to make the most of your time in this colorful, engaging country. We’re honored to be in the business of presenting these kinds of exceptional itineraries to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This itinerary is for the discriminating traveler who wants to see the best of North India in a compact, ten-day itinerary. It includes four domestic flights, one first-class train ride and some of the finest hotels the country. We’ve priced it with two levels of accommodations depending on your budget: Five star (deluxe) and Four star (superior). –
Best Ten Days: North India creatively combines the must-see’s like the incomparable Taj Mahal and Khajuraho’s erotic temples, with the must-do’s like a misty, sunrise boat cruise on the Ganges River and an elephant escort to Jaipur’s Amber Fort. We hope you will join us for this unforgettable journey.
- Visit Delhi’s historic old quarters and experience its modern culture
- Experience life on the Ganges River at Varanasi like it’s been happening for 2,000 years.
- Be intrigued by Khajuraho’s erotic and well-preserved temples
- Be awed and inspired by the timeless Taj Mahal
- Explore James Bond’s favorite Indian city, Udaipur
Day 01 - Delhi
Welcome to Delhi, the capital city of India. Enjoy your free afternoon to explore. (No meals).
Day 02 - Delhi
After breakfast in your hotel, take a city tour of Old Delhi, the Moghul capital established in 1638 by Shah Jahan, visiting the historic Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Rajghat. After lunch, continue your tour by experiencing the contrast of New Delhi established in the early part of the 1900’s by the British. Visit Humayun’s Tomb, the National Museum and Qutb Minar. (Breakfast)
Day 03 - Delhi to Varanasi
After breakfast, transfer to the Delhi airport for a short flight to Varanasi. Be met on arrival by your guide, and check in to your hotel. After lunch, you will head immediately to Sarnath, where the Buddha is believed to have given his first sermon. Near sunset, you will proceed to the holy river Ganges (Ganga) for a boat ride to witness the evening Aarti and the rituals of Hindu followers. (Breakfast)
Day 04 - Varanasi to Khajuraho
Early morning boat ride at River Ganges to witness morning rituals & walking tour of Varanasi. Return to hotel for Breakfast and then transfer to Airport for flight to Khajuraho. Meeting assistance on arrival in Khajuraho and transfer to hotel. Later be enraptured by the erotic Khajuraho Temples. (Breakfast)
Day 05 - Khajuraho/Orchha/Jhansi/Agra - Evening Train
Drive to Orchha. Visit Orchha town & later transfer to Jhansi railway station for train to Agra. Meeting assistance on arrival at Agra Station and transfer to Hotel. (Breakfast)
Day 06 - Agra
Morning viisit to Taj Mahal, and later visit Agra Fort. (Breakfast)
Day 07 - Agra/Fatehpur Sikri/Jaipur
Drive to Jaipur enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri. On arrival checkin at hotel. Evening at leisure. (Breakfast)
Day 08 - Jaipur
Visit and ascend Amber Fort on an elephant's back if you desire. Later visit City Palace, Observatory & Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds).(Breakfast)
Day 09 - Jaipur/Udaipur
Transfer to Airport for morning flight to Udaipur. Meeting assistance on arrival and Transfer to hotel. After check-in proceed for visit of City Palace, Jagdish Temple. (Breakfast)
Day 10 - Udaipur/Delhi - Flight and depart Delhi
Morning visit Eklingji and return to hotel. Later transfer to airport for flight to Delhi. Meeting assistance on arrival in Delhi and transfer. (Breakfast)
COST AND INCLUSIONS
Per person price for 2016
4 star hotels:
2 persons: US$ 3,150 per person
3 or more persons: US$ 2,595 per person
Single Supplement: US$ 950
DELUXE - 5 star hotels:
2 persons: US$ 4,595 per person
3 or more persons: US$ 4,145 per person
Single Supplement: US$ 2,750
Domestic airfare is extra (Delhi to Varanasi, Vanarasi to Khajuraho, and Udaipur to Delhi)
A peak season (December and January) supplement will apply.
Price does not include:
- Expert pre-trip advice and detailed information
- Meeting and assistance at airport and transfers to hotels
- Accommodation Using Double room on twin sharing basis (Total 09 Nights) as per the hotels mentioned above or similar.
- Air conditioned transportation as per the itinerary.
- Entrances at the monuments
- 02 Boat rides in Varanasi
- Elephant / Jeep Ride at Amer Fort in Jaipur
- 01 Boat ride in Udaipur
- Services of English speaking local guide during visits as per the program
- Train ticket in AC Chair car for Jhansi / Agra sector
- Your international airfare
- India visas
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Other expenses of a personal nature (soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet, battery charging, comfort food etc.)
DATES AND AVAILABILITY
Private departures available anytime October through April for two or more participants.